Powered By Blogger

Welcome to my Blog

BeYoUnIqUe

Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

1. What is Scenario Testing (in two lines)?

Scenario testing uses scenario tests which explains the other person to think practically about how the program is used by the end user with different attitude.

2. What are the benefits of Scenario-based Testing?

It helps in understanding the test case by imagining the situation.

It helps to stimulate the other person in such a manner that he will believe it.

As it is a story based it can easily understood by the second person.

3. How can a tester identify scenarios for a given application?

It depends on the identifying a test case and framing a story on that testcase, so it completely depends on the persons attitude and skill to frame a story.

4. Identify at least two scenarios in any application of your choice.

1. Funds transfer (Banking application):

Am having an account with amount 500, I want to transfer it to one of my friend. I have entered all the details and clicked ‘ok’, it then should removes 500 from my account and then should add it to my friend account. At this point a success message is send to the user, the transaction is not still completed, suddenly power fails, then what happens? Is the transaction lost or remains and proceeds after the power on.

2 Funds transfer (Banking application):

In my account am having Rs 20,000/. All my account details are known to my brother. I went to shopping and bought articles of RS 20,000/. I have given my card to the shopkeeper, he is ready to swap the card, on the other side my brother used to transfer the whole 20,000 to my dad’s account because of some reason by using online banking. If both the transactions are gone at the same time… then it is a scenario based test case. But it never happens. This type of testing is called concurrency testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment